|Location:||Crest Hill (Joliet), IL|
|Company:||Joliet Junior College|
|First posted:||July 28, 2017|
Position Information Posting Number F/A140050
Position Title Adjunct Instructor, Music
Department Fine Arts
Division Academic Affairs
Full Time / Part Time? Part Time
Posting Detail Information Posting Date 06/01/2016
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Link to Human Resources website
(please use the apply button below)
POSITION TITLE : ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR , MUSIC
STATUS : Part time
DEPARTMENT : Fine Arts
DIVISION : Academic Affairs
CLASSIFICATION : Exempt
UNION : Adjunct
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
PLACEMENT : Faculty
MINIMUM PAY RATE : Refer to current adjunct faculty contract
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Department Chair; provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach classes in appropriate instructional area.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes.
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff.
5. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA , ADA , and other regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
6. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college at all times.
7. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Master's Degree in Music.
2. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
3. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
1. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
5. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
1. Standard classroom equipment and software.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
Application Procedures: "Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu"
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.