Music Instructor - Adjunct more... ▼
|Company:||Tacoma Community College|
|First posted:||August 22, 2016 (last updated 30+ days ago)|
- Position Summary
Responsible to prepare and teach courses in Music for the Arts and Humanities Program at Tacoma Community College.This position reports directly to the Dean for Humanities, Social Sciences,and works closely with the Music Program Chair and faculty.
- Essential Functions
- Prepare and teach courses in music.
- Depending on the quarterly needs of the program, courses assigned may include;
- Applied Studio Lessons
Class piano courses
MUSC& 105, Music Appreciation
MUSC 106, World Music
Music Theory courses
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in music from an accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching at a community college and/or the freshman & sophomore levels.
- Experience in using online classroom platforms (Angel, Blackboard, Canvas, etc.) as a classroom support and learningtool.
- Experience working with and teaching students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds,abilities and learning styles.
- Experience using a variety of technology and tools both in and out of the classroom.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate
- Competence to teach a variety of music courses
- Professional and courteous interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Dynamic delivery methods to teach students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diversebackgrounds, abilities, and learning styles.
- Experience using computers as an instructional aide in and out of the classroom to enhance learning.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Excellent customer service skills; including establishing, building, and maintaining internal/external customersatisfaction.
- Ethics, integrity, and sound professional judgment.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Application Process
Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Cover letter and resume. In your cover letter indicate how your background and experience meets the qualifications for this position.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended (official transcripts will be required for the successful candidate. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse).
Terms of Employment
This is an adjunct faculty position contracted on a quarterly basis. The class schedule and credits may vary. The salary for adjunct faculty is $775.60 per credit hour. Classes assigned to the successful candidate will be fully on campus with the possibility of an online learning management system (Canvas) component for some class materials. The salary is paid per credit which includes scheduled class time and final exam days as well as time for class preparation, weekly office hours, and grading tasks in accordance with the Faculty Negotiated Agreement.
Corrections, updates & extensions to this recruitment
announcement may occur and will be reflected online. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. All persons hired must verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible.
This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description. The applicable position description will be provided to the successful candidate
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator.
6501 S 19th St Bldg 14, Tacoma WA 98466 (please use the apply button below)
Please mention JustJobs.com
if asked how you found this job.