|Location:||New York, NY|
|Company:||Barnes & Noble|
|First posted:||December 26, 2012|
Java Script Senior Developer Location: NY-New York Description Overview: We are Barnes and Noble's Digital Education development group.
Here we are all about Java Script, but we don't write web sites (i.e.
no cross browser headaches on this job).
You will be working with the bleeding edge features of ECMA Script 5 that you always wished you could use in your current job.
We dabble with Web Kit, fiddle with Windows 8 and poke around with Node.js.
Isn't that what all the cool kids are doing these days?Responsibilities: * Work on the v.next set of features for NOOK Study (the world class Mac and PC based eTextbook and study tool).
• Develop client side object oriented Java Script application using HTML5 and CSS3.
• Write cool, fun RES Tful APIs using Node.js server-side Java Script.
• Write code that looks and feels more like a desktop application than a web page.
• Work with the C++ developers to define custom browser API extensions.
• Work with an Agile team of really bright people (the "best of the best" at Barnes and Noble) in a small startup-like atmosphere.Who are you?* You cut your teeth on Java Script form validation years ago and haven't looked back.
• You have worked with or have a good understanding of many of the following: Node.js, Require JS, REST, Backbone, Underscore, Angular, Knockout, ES5, TDD, Coffee Script.
• When you go out to eat at a restaurant, you wonder why the menu isn't presented in JSON.
• You thrive in a fast paced work environment and get a rush from releasing a new build.
• You have a love for technology and are generally curious to read, discover and play with new gadgets (we have plenty of those to play with!)* You truly comprehend the ins and outs of jQuery but you use it as a tool and not a crutch.
• You've written your own Java Script framework/library "just because it's fun".
• Attending Java Script meetups is something that you enjoy doing in your free time.
• What we're trying to say is that you have 5+ years of hard core Java Script experience and that CSS and HTML are child's play.
• A good sense of humor is a plus.Barnesandnoble LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V