eDelivery and eCommunications more... ▼
|Location:||New York, NY|
|First posted:||December 08, 2012|
Title: eDelivery and eCommunications Location: NY-New York Other Locations: NC-Charlotte Position Summary The eDelivery / eCommunications role is responsible for leading key aspects of the e-mail channel, includingoperations, analysis, and internal/external relationship management.
The right candidate will have a strong understanding of the transaction/regulatory e-communications and digital marketing principles.Primary Responsibilities* Ensure the desired customer experience is implemented through e-mail output* Identify and support initiatives to grow our email address database.
• Implement strategies to drive adoption and consent for both marketing and service related e-mail communications* Formulate testing strategies that optimize response rates/conversions from marketing and service related e-mail - continuously testing email content and deliverability.
• Develop reporting/communication tools to keep relevant internal stakeholders apprised of marketing and service related e-mail program status* Partner with our analytics team to ensure we have a leading process for tracking and measuring email effectiveness, ROI and attribution.
• Extract insight from campaign data to gain insights of successes and failures, trends and results and conclusion from testing.
Use insights to inform and develop future strategies.
Aid in improving email performance metrics such as opens, CTR, conversions, etc.
through message, offer, and creative recommendations.
• Effectively manage marketing and service related e-mail production schedules from conception through development and execution.
• Own relationship with external e-mail marketing vendors, and ensure campaigns are executed to specifications.
• Administers the daily communication with email vendor and works with in-house creative team to deliver the email creative assets.
In addition, ensures that the process (from scheduling, development, set-up, review, QA, deployment, and reporting) is streamlined and well managed.
• Drive process improvement to maximize efficiency, accuracy, and consistency in delivery of marketing and service related e-mail.
Efficiently manage workload and develop associate(s)* Monitor and optimize deliverability, including white-listing and black-listing, content optimization and bounce-backs.
• Support a vision to ensure eCommunications are integrated and aligned with overall marketing communications.
• Ensure management of email list hygiene and knowledge and maintenance of opt out policies and procedures.Stay abreast of industry trends concerning email best practices and deliverability and current regulations/legislations affecting Email.
• Manage and develop people, including regular 1: 1 meetings, and creating and monitoring annual goals and development plans.
• Play instrumental role in marketing and cultural transformation.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities* Experience working with a major ESP (Epsilon, Exact Target, Lyris, etc) required and/or email provider platforms such as What Counts or Strongmail.
• Strong understanding of email marketing operations, technology and platforms required.
• Demonstrated advanced verbal and written skills, analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics.
• Strong relationship building skills to develop network of contacts in Marketing, Business Units, Information Technology, Compliance, and other areas of the company.
• Strong customer experience and demonstrated passion and empathy for the customer''s perspective* Ability to quickly gain the trust of clients and internal team members at all levels.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically with strong planning and execution abilities.
• Strong project management skills and vendor management skills.
• Results-oriented* Proven ability to influence key decision-makers and operate effectively in a matrix organization.
• Possess deep knowledge in email marketing and have proven experience executing targeted eCampaigns that produce positive results.
• Experience crafting usable and compliant email templates than gets pass spam filters.Minimum Experience/Education Requirements* BS/BA degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
• 3-5 years' experience creating and executing email marketing programs, preferably for a Business to Consumer multi-channel retailer or .com, or with an ESP or interactive agency.